Need Help to pay your Rent or Mortgage?

Rental property support funding now available!

Emergency funding is now available to support owners of affordable rental housing in Hennepin and Dakota counties. To help cover costs of unpaid rent, rental property owners can apply for housing assistance funds on behalf of tenants who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.

Learn more and apply at Housing Link website.

Applications are due by 11:59 pm on November 13th, 2020.



If you have not yet received a COVID stimulus, you have until November 21 to  register with the IRS to receive the payment.

See the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities for more guidance for individuals, and organizations assisting individuals in receiving their payments.


Need Help to pay your Rent or Mortgage?

MN COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program- Rental and Mortgage Assistance The COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program provides housing assistance payments to help prevent eviction, prevent homelessness, and maintain housing stability for eligible renters and homeowners.

Visit Minnesota Housing’s website to learn more about how the program works. Minnesotans interested in applying begin the application process by calling 211 visiting, or texting “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211.

The 211 helpline has dedicated multilingual staff available to answer questions about the COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Please help us spread the word about this important new resource with the individuals and families you work with who may be interested in applying!


Additional Rental Assistance in Metro Counties


The economic impacts of COVID-19 are further threatening to exacerbate these challenges. To prepare for the risk of thousands of people newly threatened with homelessness, Hennepin County recently announced $15 million for rental assistance for low income households who cannot afford their housing costs due to COVID-19.

Please help us share this resource widely:


Increased financial assistance is available for Ramsey County residents who have lost income due to COVID-19 and need help paying for housing costs.

Residents may be eligible for Emergency Assistance that can help pay for past due rent/mortgage, a damage deposit, or prevent utilities including water, electricity and heat, from being disconnected. 

For more information about updated eligibility requirements and translated materials, visit or call the Emergency Assistance hotline at 651-266-4884..


Eviction Prevention Assistance

Help is available for qualified Dakota County renters who are unable to pay rent and utility costs due to COVID-19 related income loss through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. This assistance may be used to pay current and past due rent and utilities including gas, electric and water.

Although there has been a temporary hold on evictions, rent is still due and landlords may evict tenants with past due rent after state and federal restrictions on eviction filings are lifted.

There is no application deadline. However, renters are strongly encouraged to apply  as soon as possible to ensure assistance is received in time. Talk with your landlord about your situation.

Details are also available in Spanish and Somali.


Housing Stability Program

Help, up to $5000, is available for qualified Carver County renters and homeowners who are unable to pay their rent, mortgage , homeowners association dues, and utilities including gas, electric and septic. This assistance includes current month and past due bills back to March 1, 2020. Residents must show a loss of income due to COVID-19.

There is no application deadline; however, funding is available on a first come, first serve basis before November 1, 2020. Once you apply, someone from either Carver County CDA or Carver County will contact you.

To learn more about the program and the eligibility requirements, please see the program guidelines. Housing stability program guidelines

To apply: 

Online at:

Or print and mail/email/drop off the application : CARES-Housing-Stability-App.pdf

Have questions, need assistance, or would like a paper copy of the application?




Rental assistance will be administered by Washington County’s Community Services Department.

Please call Economic Support intake line: 651.430.6459 or HOST Housing line 651.430.6488.

 More information can be found here

Homeowners who have experienced a reduction in income because of the COVID-19 pandemic may apply for one-time grants of up to $10,000 to help make housing payments. 

You may also like...