VOTER UPDATE: MAIL BALLOT DEADLINE CHANGED
Due to a court decision,* all mail ballots must now be received by Election Day to count. Return your ballot ASAP at an in-person drop-off location. Do not mail your ballot.
MINNESOTANS HAVE TWO OPTIONS FOR VOTING:
Option 1: Absentee ballot
If you have requested and received an absentee ballot, it is too late to return your ballot by mail. Please return your absentee ballot by:
- Drop off. Locations are open for voters to drop off their absentee ballot. Ballots must be dropped off by 3:00 p.m. on Election Day (November 3) and cannot be dropped off at a voter’s polling place.
- Click here for a list of all of the drop off locations in Minneapolis.
You can check your absentee ballot status using the Minnesota Secretary of State tool: mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/AbsenteeBallotStatus.aspx.
Option 2: Vote in person
You may vote in person by voting:
- Early in-person. Click here for locations and hours for early voting in Minneapolis. Early in-person voting ends on Monday, November 2 at 5:00 p.m..
- In-person on Election Day. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3. Poll location for Hawthorne residents is Farview Park, 621 N 29th Ave.
COVID-19 safety protocols:
- You must wear a face covering (unless exempt)
- Keep a six-foot distance
- Sanitized pens and hand sanitizer will be available
- Curbside voting if available if needed
Confirm that you are registered to vote at mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/VoterStatus.
If you are not registered to vote, we have same-day voter registration in Minnesota. You can register or update your registration at an Early Vote Center or at your polling place on Election Day.
To register in person, a voter will need to show proof of residence.
Note: You must update your registration if you have changed your address, changed your name or if you have not voted in the past four years.
- Minneapolis Voter and Election Services: vote.minneapolismn.gov
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Minneapolis Voter and Election Services Facebook page: facebook.com/votempls
- 2020 Minneapolis Voter Guide
- Minnesota Secretary of State: sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting
- Check your absentee ballot status: mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/AbsenteeBallotStatus.aspx
*Read the Star Tribune article about the court decision.