Jordan Area Community Council (JACC) is Hiring!
Administrative Coordinator (part-time)
Jordan Area Community Council
JACC is a resident-led organization created to organize people, disseminate community information and attract capital for the collective and independent empowerment of Jordan residents. We work to promote a greater sense of individual obligation to the community in which members reside as well as to achieve more equitable educational, health, safety and livability outcomes for our residents.
Jordan Area Community Council (JACC) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator. The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative and communication support to JACC for its strategic and organizational initiatives. This position requires a candidate who is flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism. Strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important. This position calls for excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experience working with complex calendars and supporting multiple committees. Of primary importance is expanding JACC’s participation base with more renter, homeowner, and business owner members. The administrative coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of organizational PR, communication and provide general office support: branding, social media, website design, and constituent relations, feature writing, photography.
- Position Responsibilities: Manage Internal and External Communications
- Assist with marketing, organizing, and facilitating community events
- Coordination of the production of newsletters; coordinating, creating editing e-blasts and other agency wide communications.
- Assisting in social media efforts, manage, monitor and update organizations website, Facebook page to ensure consistency in message and delivery of up-to-date information. This will include understanding and sharing information on available community resources
- Researching, writing and compiling content for the organization’s newsletter, website and blog.
- Establish office hours for community members
- Provide administrative support and manage work flow of meetings; prepare materials or research for board/committee meetings, and other special projects as assigned.
- Manage agency calendar and schedule; maintain files and records as appropriate
- Establish an office environment which is accessible to board members, the community and other JACC staff.
- Tracks, priorities and responds to incoming invitations and arranges meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Program-related Coordination
- Work closely with the Board and staff to expand JACC’s participation base. This may include developing strategic initiatives, assist with directing outreach work and administrative support for outreach efforts.
- Attend community events and/or meetings to talk about JACC programs.
- Assist with evaluation of program results and prepare related reports for board and various committees.
Education and work experience: Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of administrative and communication experience. Associates Degree with 5 years of experience or the equivalent required. Non-profit experienced is desired.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional phone etiquette, with an ability to relate effectively with diverse individuals from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task on simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
Strong problem solving skills and follow up skills
Work well in a team and be self-directed
Project experience with social media management, email marketing, website management
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Word Press and PowerPoint
High energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
Ability to represent JACC in a professional, respectful manner.
Experience managing office equipment
Ability to deal with confidential information
Ability to manage both strategic and tactical responsibilities, complete tasks and deliver in a timely manner
Other duties as assigned
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing experience consistent with position responsibilities as outlined above, along with 3 references to:
Jordan Area Community Council
Attention: Personnel Committee
2410 Girard Avenue North, Door #6
Minneapolis, MN 55411
No phone calls.