The Outreach Administrator represents an organization that stands for positive change that creates connections and strengthens community to improve the quality of life in the Hawthorne neighborhood. This is a part-time position of 30 hrs. Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. with a 30 days probation period.
The Outreach Administrator will be responsible for:
· Participate in the planning and execution of neighborhood events and outreach opportunities.
· Research and assist in developing plans for expanding HNC presence with key stakeholders and potential funders.
· Create activities so as to supplement the staffing needs and attracts community members that are involved with the mission of HNC. Duties include training, recruiting and managing outreach volunteers.
· Attend neighborhood meetings and provide a written summary of the meetings. As well as attending the Crime & Safety monthly meeting reporting the minutes.
· Establish positive working relationships with city, county and state agencies, community stakeholders, HNC Board of Directors and other neighborhood organizations.
· Work with Outreach Coordinator, with input from the Committee chairs on the quarterly VIBE Newsletter to be distributed to neighborhood residents, funders and community stakeholders on the first of the month in January, April, July and October.
· Good writing and public speaking skills.
· Help to create and update the Council website and Facebook pages as well as other social networking formats.
· Work on the Neighborhood Priority Plan regarding the Health & Well-being projects.
· Works closely with the Outreach Coordinator on various projects and other staff members to achieve HNC mission.
· Work on policies and procedures for HNC.
· Maintain timesheet monthly.
· Prepares required monthly progress reports.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Reports to the Executive Director.
Organization: Hawthorne Neighborhood Council is an outreach organization offering programing that creates connections and strengthens community to improve the quality of life in the Hawthorne neighborhood through empowering the residents in order that they can address the physical, cultural, social and economic needs of the community.
Location: North Minneapolis Activity Area: Community Building and Volunteerism
Category: Administration Closing Date: open until filled
Job Type: Part Time Salary: $17.00 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week
High attention to details, exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, self-motivated. Possess great attitude and communication skills both verbal and written. Maintain a high level of professionalism with a positive attitude. Well organized self-starter and works professionally with volunteers. Knowledge of Facebook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Project Management, Administrative skills, previous outreach experience in community building, communication and non-profit experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, writing sample and any other pertinent information to DHawkins@hncmpls.org.
To improve the quality of life in the Hawthorne neighborhood through empowering the residents in order that they can address the physical, cultural, social, and economic needs of the community”